Thursday, September 27, 2007

actually I am scared shitless

I was more than a little perturbed by the results of the study
published in April in the Journal of Neuroscience.

As a young woman (27) who has fibro, the next study I would like to
see would compare the brains of a group of fibro patients in their 30s
with the brains of normal people in their 70s. I am active, in good
shape, quite intelligent, take excellent care of my body and yet I
despair of living through another decade of this. What can I expect?
Are there any preventative measures I can take (for example,
Alzheimer's medication- would it help with the "fibro fog"?) or should
I start saving to go live in a retirement home when I'm 40? Why do I
know more about my disorder than the rheumatologist public health care
sends me to? Why are fibro patients sent to rheumatologists anyways,
when we clearly have a nerve/brain malady, rather than one of bone or
connective tissue?

No one is answering my questions.

No comments: