Monday, March 17, 2008

I love it when you give me things

I have the flu, or 75% of it. about 4 times as achy as usual, which means my pain levels are at about 10 times those of the average neurotypical. just a wee bit of lung goo, but enough to have be huddled up with bl ankets drinking foulass chinese herbal cough tea. I've actually been taking naps in between exhausting bouts of sitting on the sofa looking at classifieds. I am literally incapable of taking naps and have been for as long as I can remember. I have an actual aversion to them, like I am going to miss something. when I do lay down and close my eyes, I ache so much I can't lie still, so I have to wait til I faceplant to sleep.

the Magnetic Fields were beyond breathtaking. I bawled my eyes out when they closed with "book of love." the guitarist picked out a teeny plaintive thread with a slide and a sustain pedal that was just chilling.

this was filmed a few weeks ago, so it's very close to what I saw last night.

No comments: